Who we are
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by All Craftsmen on this website and by using any of our web sites generally you agree to this use.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data, which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website. If you do not want your visits to our website to be monitored in this way you can disable certain cookie functions as described below: If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but certain functions will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of Internet browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Windows Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto this link www.allaboutcookies.org. Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme, which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
- Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally but these logs may contain unique identifiable information left by your computer.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Financial information where you decide to place an order with an approved installer and wish to take advantage of All Craftsmen support services.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
The details we collect will be used:
- To process your enquiry, to maintain records and to provide after-sales service.
- We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- To register you with our website and to administer our web site services.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
- Credit and debit card information will be used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit decision is not used for any other purpose and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services.
- As a result of your login / enquiry, you may receive a copy of our free newsletter by email, upon receipt of which you may unsubscribe from future editions.
From time to time, we may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at our customer services address below. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process orders or to comply with customer service or after sale obligations.
You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to All Craftsmen to cover our administration costs:
Customer Services (Data Request)
Measham Business Centre,
56 High Street,